Saturday 9 May 2009

Works in Progress

Here is a little doll i'm working on at the moment....

As I was planning to share, I dreamt up a little scenario in which sweet cheeks (the dolly) wanted to show herself but was embarrased cause she is incomplete, with no legs and raggedy edges. Then it suddenly dawned on me that I keep repeating similar messages in my blog, in different ways; bizzarely brownies and messy rooms being the past formats. So, I guess this must be a whisper, a message, something important for me to digest. Although I've wrote along this same theme in the past it's like only now can I really stop and try and take that in...give it some space to perculate...hmmm interesting (finger on pursed lips at this moment). I also penned a little poem this morning, which i think shows messages about this are coming through loud and strong....

Am I enough to share your time, to have your ear, and hear your mind?

Am I enough to share my soul and not be judged and not be told?

Am I enough to roam alone and know that time is mine to own?

Am I enough to now be true, yet still be loved enough by you?

I am enough

I guess I am starting to see that my perfectionist self, my vulnerable self wants only to show the capable parts of me, the neat parts of me. It wants to neglect the messy edges and flops...doesn't like to think about them or is punishing that they have happened. Is too scared to show them. Feels alone with them. I need to give space to accepting that we are all works in progress, we can always be enhanced, developed and improved. I need to digest and accept the truth of this. Dare to really show my raggedy edges...to myself and to others. To accept that I am enough, even though I am not and can never be perfect. With this mini revelation I hope I have scope to practice, and accept that no matter where I am, how far I have come or how far I have to go, I am a work forever in progress but i am still enough. I hope this for you too.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hi Samantha .. :)
thanks for the artys encouragment comment you left for me ... I spent some time with my blog today and have several post scheduled. Its been awhile!

I am really loving your beginnings of your new doll!!