Wednesday 4 March 2009

Where does time go?

I can not believe it has been soooo long since I have posted. I guess time has passed quickly as lots of things have been happening. It was my mum's 60th birthday and me and my family went away for a long weekend to Tetbury, a lovely Gloucestershire town...overall, we had a really nice time with some great shopping done in Cirencester!I bought a new painting which is now proudly hanging in my bathroom - will post this room soon as my home tour has stopped short hasn't it?..you will then be able to see this piece 'in situ'.

It is impossible for me to believe that my mum is 60, that my husband is 40, that I am 37 - where did that time go from when i was 7? How can it be that it's 20...20 years since I was 17? I can get really taken up with thoughts like this - they don't get me any where, but I'm often thinking things like 'what have i been doing for 20 years?'... ' what could i/ should I have been doin for the last 20 years'.... 'in the same time again I'll be nearly 60, oh my god quick what do i want to do/be?'...then i feel stuck in inertia cause I don't know, then I worry I'm wasting my life away... I feel pressure to do all these things in my life but then can feel so content just sitting on my sofa doing nothing in particular. Weird.
I have at least been spending some enjoyable time doing another online class with Jane DesRosier about texture...the doll class has been on the back burner as I've got stuck into all the wonderful videos that they are sharing on texture- great!!! However, I've almost finished my first doll from her class...

ain't she cute?...just a little indecent with her panties showing! That's partly because i can't find the starch i need for her skirt over here in the UK... i've got a different one to see if it works. If not it will be another internet search, which is dangerous ...first cause i can deviate on a bit of a shopping spree and, as I often use paypal it feels like everything is free :-), until statements arrive :-o...
Here is my first attempt at a dolly of my own design...
I've also done some more canvases...dolls distract me from canvases and vice versa....This canvas reflects my feelings on the kind of change we experience in life that i can only call a spiritual awakening/ knowing; a creative awakening/ knowing...how these moments can make us fragile from all the stretching and growing pains that come with this, and of how we need care, not only from others but also from ourselves....

Transformation
And another piece reflecting where I'm at is this ...
Facing Back
I'm really pleased with this...it reflects my feelings on looking back...when did I last really know myself...know myself best? Have I ever...like, really known myself..? I don't know, I think this is my favourite piece i've done so far, something about it...I love the colours, the sentiment...
Then, most recent a canvas inspired by the credit card technique learnt on the texture workshops. The white text on the right reads
"Your soul softly sings to you...listen...listen...like the wings of the birds it can carry you way...to freedom...to true, eternal love...to joy...to hope and comfort...to peace...to your truest self...listen...".

It's my biggest canvas to date at 31.5 x11.5" and it was a bit of a challenge doing a compostion for these measurements. Here's a bit of a close up
Click on the logo link in my sidebar if you want to check out the texture or doll workshop...they are both great value for money ...I've learnt a lot. Jane's is one of my favourite blogs, even though i can't get it to appear in my list :-( . Through these sites I've also discovered another lovely blog by mystele...I love her folk art inspired work and although she is new to me she is a new favourite to follow...have a look

3 comments:

Brandi said...

what fun art you have here!! Found your blog via creative textures .. im in the doll class too .. (i was in the very first class) I can really relate to your words about where time goes and what we do with that time and who we are etc. No one really knows my blog is there either .. but thats ok, I have fun with it anyway!

Anonymous said...

What lovely art you have here!! That dolly at the top is a hoot! Bless you. Jane

Linda Vincent said...

Adorable dolls and great portraits. You are very talented....