Sunday 15 March 2009

Tour Continued

Well, i am post crazy this weekend...I've just got time on my hands, so at last thought i'd continue the tour of my home for any remotely interested people (personally, I love a good nose!). Today the front room...

Our house was built in 1908 and so this would have been the more formal room where things 'for best' would be kept. My great nan had a front room 'for best' and really the only person who got hosted in there was the doctor if he did a home visit! Me and my brother were allowed occasional peaks in this room, but definately not allowed to touch! I guess i've kept this theme in a way - the back dining room is where we tend to doss most of the time and then this room is used mainly for night time TV viewing or after meal chatting with friends. It's COZY when the fire is on - me and my husband also made sure we had two setees this time, as in the past many an argument ensued about who got to lay on the sofa and who got crushed up on the chair. The great thing about these posts is they don't show up the dust...great!

1 comment:

Danita said...

I see it, i see it!!! Here's my little angel on your living room!! It looks great! Thanks for giving her a special place!
Danita