Friday 6 February 2009

Favourite blogs

I have added a list of my absolute favourite blogs - ones I check in on regularly (daily where possible! (stalker?....)), ones i find inspiring for the art work and many individual reasons... which I will now share...
misty mawn was the first blog that I discovered via cloth, paper, scissors magazine. I love her ability to express her soul so beautifully in both art and writing. I love her skills in creating a beautiful blog, her beautiful photos and regular updates. Misty inspires me to try and express myself honestly and openly, and i only wish I was skilled enough to create a blog as beautiful as hers - I can aspire...I can also aspire to be quick enough to purchase a piece of her beautiful art...

I also discovered kelly rae roberts via the same magazine. I love her honesty with her struggle for growth and change and love how her blog tracks the progress of this, in both her art and life. I love her positivity and humour and the achievements she has made in such a short time to create a creative life for herself. Kelly Rae inspires me to believe in my own possiblities, to be generous with myself and others. I have 2 prints from Kelly Rae and her book , which I love reading and referring back to...I will no doubt have more purchases...maybe an online workshop.....

time with tascha is a relatively new blog favourite and I am still becoming familiar with Tascha and her work, but I immediately love the obvious humour in her work, and her use of colour is superb...love it. Again her blog provides loads of interesting things to look at...photos, videos and links, including to her you tube videos...this has amazingly had over 65,000 views!

Then there is Danita at danita art. She makes the loveliest pieces, with humour often found in her work also. I have purchased 3 things from her store..a cute little box, a print and an art doll...the art doll resides in my front room and is divine - you will be able to see it in situ when I upload more images of my home...I am pacing this so as not to be a decor bore :-0. Danita inspires me with her diverse creativity (jewellery, art work, boxes, art dolls) and she is so prolific in producing things...I am in awe of her dedication and hard work...I need more of this...why is this never for sale?

I love the folk art and art dolls from Jane at Gritty Art Studio, which includes just the most beautiful images of angels and women...I would happily own everything she makes (and I mean everything!), but her art moves quickly and shipping may mean I will have to restrict myself to a print or a large bank loan! I have joined Jane's online doll making workshop ...I can recommend it...really thorough, professional and (best) fun! (although stuffing those legs and arms, not so sure) I will post what I have made once it's complete... It's also worth checking out Jane's you tube postings - great sharing of techniques. Watching Jane inspires me to relax and enjoy my work, and I am in awe of the ways she has created a mulit-faceted art business...brilliant!

So they are the key people inspiring me at this present time and i wanted to honour them, as unknowingly to them their blogs and art inspire my own creative journey. Really. And for that I am grateful to each of them.

No comments: