Tuesday 3 February 2009

Embarrased Emotions

Well, my plans for uploading recent artwork fell by the wayside. Reasons (excuses?)... I spent Saturday day and night with friends, which of course is a great thing, whilst Sunday I felt compelled to create art to help me manage my heavy heart, weighed down with emotions too big to talk about here; real sadness. I am discovering how art can really help me manage and express my emotions; not necessarily to others, but myself. Through my art I am finding that I can get to see, explore and clarify my emotions and i am really trying to stay with this, rather than be concerned with whether it turns out 'good' and pleasing to others, although of course these are bonuses and are difficult desires for me to surpress. I still feel quite shy about other people seeing my work ...feeling it's not good enough, that they'll look and think 'you call that art!'. I think i feel that even more lately because of the emotions I have invested; because of the emotions I have exposed. I can't help feeling embarrassed. Will the day come where I feel comfortable, confident with my work and sharing my emotions? I tend to fluctuate between real self-doubt and glimpses of real self-belief ...Anyway, here is that work in progress....

No comments: